Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 9

Still no sign of survivors. I'm starting to go crazy because of the constant fear of being attacked. Yesterday, I followed a narrow path down the slope of the forest and almost got killed in an ambush. One of the infected shot out his tongue at me and pulled me to him, but I managed to break free, but my freedom didn't last long, another of the infected pounced like 50 meters off the ground at me and I got entangled in a struggle to break free. I only had a few seconds left as I knew that the racket we were causing would definitely attract the horde. The infected with the long tongue had come back with reinforcements! The other infected started running at me and I used the last ounce of my strength to push the pouncing infected off me and shot him in the head before he had the chance to recover. I ran like hell. I ran till I reached an abandoned safe-house and barricaded myself inside, making sure the infected had gone before I let down my guard. The safe-house had little supplies left, most probably enough for a day or two. I searched the place and found a map, leading me to an isolated location, where the military had set up a base for refugees. Though the map had been drawn more than week ago, the infection might not have travelled that far. A red circle marked the spot where the military base lied and a few scribbles saying that they were planning to move location two weeks from now. I only had 2 weeks to make it there. I would have to go through a few big cities. Will I find survivors or will I find another mass horde of undead? I knew the answer. I had woken up today with thoughts of killing myself, but I told myself that I had already made it this far and there was only a few more miles to go before I get rescued. I geared up and prepared to move out. That was when I heard it! A deep rumble shook the earth, accompanied by shouts and screams. Survivors! There were survivors, but I had to get them before they become food.

No comments:

Post a Comment