Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 7

Huh, a day in the woods and I already exhausted myself completely.... I have been walking through day and night, trying to find my way out, but I seem to be going in circles.... I took refuge in an abandoned camping site. It was the first time that I had not had an encounter with any infected for so long... It was extremely weird and suspicious. I fell into a deep sleep after I barricaded myself in the ranger's station... I woke up with a start, breaking out in cold perspiration, I had heard something, something was out there... Then it came again, soft murmurs echoing in the dark empty forest. I peeked through a gap between the planks and I saw a shadow move! I was sure of it this time. I took my hunting rifle and scoped in to get a clearer view. Survivors! There were survivors still out there! Adrenalin pumped through me, but then I saw the survivor drop to the ground, and in the next second, he became one of them.... I sunk back down to the ground. My heart sank. Were there no more survivors? Has the infection consumed the whole world? I tried to force negative thoughts to the back of my mind and closed my eyes.... I asked myself, is this really the end?....

No comments:

Post a Comment